Sea Snakes Swim Team
The Shepherd University Wellness Center Sea Snakes Swim Team strives to provide the youth of our community with a safe and fun competitive swimming experience with year-round conditioning and summer swim meets. Our coaches encourage technique-based performance to develop swimmers to their highest potential and are certified through various organizations including USA Swimming and the American Swimming Coaches Association. For more information, please contact Andria Leach at 304-876-5440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Developmental Group:
Practices are held from 6:00PM – 7:00PM (5:00PM – 6:00PM during high school swimming) Tuesday and Friday. This group is for swimmers who know the basics of the competitive strokes and need further stroke development. In order to be eligible for Developmental Sea Snakes, participants must be able to pass all American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Level 4 skills:
- Swim underwater 3-5 body lengths using breaststroke or dolphin kick
- Tread water for at least 2-minutes
- Swim the front crawl at least 25 yards at the level of performance described in the stroke performance chart
- Swim the breaststroke at least 15 yards at the level of performance described in the stroke performance chart
- Swim the butterfly at least 15 yards at the level of performance described in the stroke performance chart
- Swim the back crawl at least 25 yards at the level of performance described in the stroke performance chart
The Conditioning Group:
Practices are held from 7:00PM – 8:00PM (6:00PM – 7:00PM during high school swimming) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. This group is more advanced in both technique and endurance for all four competitive strokes. The Conditioning Group swimmers need to be able to complete the following requirements:
- Shallow-angle dive with 3-5 body lengths of streamline dolphin and/or flutter kick
- 50 freestyle with flip turn
- 50 backstroke with flip turn
- 25 breaststroke
- 25 butterfly
Please visit our TeamUnify page to find additional information about our team!
We highly encourage a swim evaluation to prior to registration to ensure swimmers meet the requirements for each group. Please contact Coach Andria at email@example.com if you need to schedule an evaluation. Registration may be completed online by CLICKING HERE or by calling the Shepherd University Wellness Center at 304-876-5300.