Upon successful completion the participant receives certifications in Lifeguarding, First Aid and Professional Rescuer CPR/AED valid for two years.
- Onsite skills training
- 10 hours of online course work
- A 8:1 student to instructor ratio
- CPR/AED training
- First aid training
- Lifeguarding skills
- Professionalism training
- Confidence building
- Team building
- Must be at least 15 years of age on or before the last day of class
- Must be able to swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating proper breathing control
- Must be able to tread water for two (2) minutes without hands
- Must be able to retrieve a ten (10) pound brick diving to a depth of ten (10) feet
Due to the large amount of new content in the 2017 American Red Cross Lifeguarding curriculum, the Wellness Center is not currently offering recertification courses. All current lifeguards are welcome and highly encouraged to take the full certification course to re-certify.
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer with First Aid
This certification is for the healthcare worker seeking the skills needed for responding to cardiac and first aid emergencies. Upon successful completion of the course the participant will receive a certification valid for two (2) years.
Please call 304-876-5440 for offering details.
- Nine (9) hours of onsite training
- Legal considerations and standard precautions training
- CPR for adults, children, & infants
- Ventilations (rescue breathing) training
- Emergency situation training
- How to treat choking/breathing emergencies and sudden illness
- How to handle environmental emergencies
- First aid skills for soft tissue, muscle, bone, & joint injuries
- AED training