KEEP UPDATED ON HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THE WELLNESS CENTER:
The Shepherd University Wellness Center will remain closed for the rest of 2020. We will reevaluate operations when our campus reopens early in the new year.
Shepherd University is making every effort to maintain its low COVID-19 positivity rate, which is much lower than that of the surrounding municipalities. The University’s primary mission is education. As a university facility, the Wellness Center will do whatever needs to be done to support this mission in order to allow our students, staff, faculty, and members of the community to return safely to campus in the spring semester.
Wellness Center Updates Beginning JUNE 1
- Move more freely without directional signage
- Maskless option for fully vaccinated members
- Extended fitness floor reservation times
- Post reservation showers available
- Locker rooms and lockers opened to all members
- Pickleball and racquetball reservations available
- Basketball reservations extended to two people per hoop
- All track lanes opened
Click Here for Details and Updated Policies
The Wellness Center is open by reservation only, through a reservation system we have adopted to assist with safe operations. We are not accepting guests at this time. Everyone must have a reservation before arriving to the Wellness Center.
Know before you go! Check out our face-covering policy required for all members who have not completed the one-time vaccination verification process (see details here). All members must wear a cloth face-covering that is secure above the nose, around the ears, and under the chin
Membership Information: Time missed while we have been closed will be added to your membership expiration date when you return to our facility. To reactive your membership, please call 304-876-5471 or 304-876-5300 or email Katherine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservation Information: To make a fitness floor or pool reservation, please call 304-876-5300, log in to our member portal at the top of the page or by clicking here, or download our Shepherd University Wellness App. For any court reservations, please call 304-876-5300. If you have never used our online reservation system before, you will need to create credentials through our website by clicking here.
If you are a current Shepherd student and need to create online credentials, please use your Shepherd email address and your student ID for your account number. For all other members, please use the email address you gave us when you purchased your membership and your member id on your membership card.
For more information on reserving online, please watch this quick “How to Make an Online Reservation” video. Check out our Shepherd University Wellness app infographic for information on booking through the app.
SUWC Reservation Policies (Updated for JUNE 1 Changes)
- Fitness floor and pool reservations can be made online up to 24-hours in advance and can be scheduled 2-weeks out.
- All court reservations must be made over the phone, 304-876-5300. Both names of the members who will be participating are required when making the reservation.
- Gym, pool, and court reservations can be made over the phone at any time during business hours, but we ask for at least a one-hour notice.
- Reservation walk-ins (members only) are welcome, but open spots are not guaranteed. Please schedule ahead of time to ensure a spot.
- Members can only book in one area at a time (pool, fitness floor, pickleball court, racquetball court, or basketball court). Booking times cannot overlap with another area.
- Back-to-back bookings in the same area are not allowed to maximize availability for all members.
- There are no limitations on the number of spaces members can book in one day (i.e., Jenny can book the fitness floor 12 – 1 pm, pickleball 1 -2 pm, and then the pool 2 -3 pm).
- Reservations are non-transferrable.
- No waitlists are available. Spots may become available if there are cancellations.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
- All reservations are permitted through the access gate no more than 10 minutes before their reservation start time to access the locker room.
- Members must leave their reserved area promptly at the end of their reservation time.
- Members are permitted to shower during or immediately after their reservation time.
Late Arrivals, Cancelations, No Shows, Running Over Reservation Time
- If you arrive late to your scheduled time, your reservation block will not be extended, but you will be able to enter and use the remaining time on your reservation.
- If you cannot attend a session you registered for, you should cancel that reservation with as much notice as possible to allow others to take your spot. You may do so online or by calling the Wellness Center.
- Excessive “no shows” and running over the reservation time may result in the suspension of privileges to use the Wellness Center for a set period of time.
If you have any questions about the reservation system or associated policies, please call the Wellness Center at 304-876-5300.
Shepherd University Wellness Center
Programs & Promotions
Spring Group Swim Lessons
Sea Snakes Swim Team
Pick Your Promotion
2019 Fall Membership Promotions
Stay informed on all weather, facility related closures and class cancellations by subscribing to the Shepherd University Wellness Center Text Alerts system.