KEEP UPDATED ON HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THE WELLNESS CENTER:
The Shepherd University Wellness Center will remain closed for the rest of 2020. We will reevaluate operations when our campus reopens early in the new year.
Shepherd University is making every effort to maintain its low COVID-19 positivity rate, which is much lower than that of the surrounding municipalities. The University’s primary mission is education. As a university facility, the Wellness Center will do whatever needs to be done to support this mission in order to allow our students, staff, faculty, and members of the community to return safely to campus in the spring semester.
Update on Wellness Center Phased Reopening
Phase 1: The Wellness Center will be opening to Shepherd University students, faculty, and staff on Tuesday, January 19th, through a reservation system we have adopted to assist with safe operations.
Phase 2: With the anticipated success of this operating policy over the next few weeks, we next hope to reopen to our community by reservation in early to mid-February. We appreciate your understanding as we take steps toward reopening safely. The time missed while we have been closed will be added to your membership expiration date when we reopen. If you have questions about your membership, please call 304-876-5300 or email Katherine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phase 1 and 2: To make a reservation please call 304-876-5300 or log in to our member portal at the top of the page or by clicking here. If you are a student and need to create online credentials, please use your shepherd email address and your student ID for your account number. For all other members, please use the email address you gave us when you purchased your membership and your member id on your membership card. For more information on reserving online, please watch this quick “How to Make an Online Reservation” video.
Please click here to learn more about our amenities and temporary policies.
SUWC Reservation Policies
- Reservations can be made online up to 24-hours in advance and can be scheduled 2-weeks out.
- To accommodate as many users as possible, you may only reserve one timeslot per space per day. Stop and start times may not overlap.
- Reservations are non-transferrable.
- No waitlists are available. Spots may become available if there are cancellations.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
- All users must leave our facility promptly at the end of their reservation time.
- Review all COVID-19-related policies and procedures on our website before visiting our facility.
Late Arrivals, Cancelations, No Shows, Running Over Reservation Time
- If you arrive late to your scheduled time, your reservation block will not be extended, but you will be able to enter and use the remaining time on your reservation.
- If you cannot attend a session you registered for, you should cancel that reservation hour before the start of the reservation. You may do so online or by calling the Wellness Center.
- Please cancel as early as possible to allow others to take your spot.
- Members who miss an entire reservation session (no show) or run over their reservation time will be issued a written warning.
- A second offense will result in the user not being able to book in advance, and they will only be allowed to call the day of to book a reservation.
- Excessive “no shows” and running over the reservation time will result in the suspension of privileges to use the Wellness Center for a set period of time.
If you have any questions about the reservation system or associated policies, please call the Wellness Center at 304-876-5300.
Shepherd University Wellness Center
Programs & Promotions
Spring Group Swim Lessons
Sea Snakes Swim Team
Pick Your Promotion
2019 Fall Membership Promotions
Stay informed on all weather, facility related closures and class cancellations by subscribing to the Shepherd University Wellness Center Text Alerts system.